Thank you for joining my blog. I would love to share some tea with you.

We share tea and talk tea at assisted living homes, private homes and community centers. We play Teago Bingo with prizes for winners. We are also doing mystery tea events.

If you would like more info on our tea tasting events, mystery teas or want to receive a free sample of tea please email tea4Jesus@gmail.com or call 763-370-2980. Love to hear from you!

Spend time being refreshed by God's Word with a cup of tea. Relax in a comfy chair that gets some afternoon sun. Reflect on the goodness of life.

Real joy comes not from ease or riches or
from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile. Wilfred T. Grenfell

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. Ps 100:4

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings to you and your family. Have
a TEA- rrrific day.

Email me for a free sample of tea!

tea4Jesus@gmail.com

Trinitea4eternitea.yolasite.com

Traveling TEA With Jesus



Thursday, September 16, 2010

The comfort of tea

From the Tea Lover's Devotional
Collecting teacups in Southern California is really an act of faith.I recall the time we had a major earthquake not far from where I live.  Our home was safely south of the epicenter, and my tea things were safe, but friends and acquaintances showed me heart-stopping photographs of knee-deep rubble.  Days of shaking and aftershocks left all their breakable treasures in shards and shatters.
It wouldn't take much of an earthquake to send all my teacups crashing to the floor.
Actually, it wouldn't take an earthquake at all, for my fragile teacups are also vulnerable to more mundane danters-the cat, the feather duster, my grandchildren, my own carelessness.
I always have to confess that once I broke 14 of my own prized teacups!  A glass shelf was balanced precariously after cleaning, and it collapsed at my accidental nudge.  More than a dozen of my favorite cups fell and broke to smithereens.
I was so devastated I couldn't face what had happened.  I simply swept the china shards into a box and put in on the shelf- and six years passed before I could muster the courage to look inside the box.  Only one cup was in large enough pieces even to be salvaged with glue, and it will never be the same.
All this is to say that I take a significant risk in keeping my teacups out.  I take a risk in using them, in letting others use them.  But it's a risk I choose to take.  I choose it with my eyes open, and I choose it with gladness.
After all , life is fragile too.
But if we let that risk stop us from living, we've already lost!  While protecting ourselves from injury and loss, we're also cutting ourselves off from joy and growth.  But life in all its vulnerable beauty is incomparably worth it.
It is this realization that has taught me to take risks with my teacups, to avoid the temptation to fall back on "safe"mugs or even paper cups.  I've even learned to take those teacups traveling-outdoors on our grounds, on a picnic or even in a basket to visit a friend.  Once I move past the "safety"mentality, I can use my beautiful tea things as they were intended- to share joy and friendship and caring, truly a "cup of Kindness".  I can be thankful that something meaningful to me can give comfort to another.
Humans are beautiful and breakable, like china cups... yet we are also strong and resilient.  And unlike my cups, humans can heal and grow and move beyond disaster.  We can reach out to one another in courage and comfort. 
So what will I do when another earthquake comes?
I guess I'll do what anyone must do when disaster strikes:  I'll pick up the pieces.
And then, somehow, I'll have another cup of tea.

God, help me be a compassioinate, giving person who is quick to offer up comfort and beauty.  Let me not worry about "things" so that I can focus on hearts!  I pray as I continue to reach others with tea and devotion and tea Bingo that you will be there with me and help others to see you.  Help me to speak the words you want me to speak.  Thank you for being in my life.  Amen

Take your best tea items out of their protective wrapping or out of the cabinet and use them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment