Green Tea Scones
- 250g (8.8 oz) plain flour
- 1/3 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Green Leaf Tea
- 70g (2.5 oz) butter
- 150mL (5 oz) milk
- 1 egg, separated into yolk and white
- Sift together the four, baking powder, salt, green tea and sugar.
- Cut the butter into small pieces. With your fingertips, mix the butter into the flour until it becomes dry and flaky.
- Combine the milk and egg yolk, and pour the mixture into the flour a little at a time. Mix and knead into a moist dough, but not so moist that it becomes moist.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°C)
- Place the dough on a floured board and knead slightly until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of 2cm and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
- Brush the tops with a little egg white, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown.