Almond Iced Tea
- 8 cups cold water
- 9 English Breakfast tea bags or 9 tsp loose tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Bring 2 cups of the water to a slow boil in a small saucepan. Add the tea bags, cover, and remove from the heat. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags without squeezing them.
- Pour the steeped tea into a 2 litre (4 pint) heatproof container. Add the sugar and stir or shake until it dissolves. Add the extracts and lemon juice and stir or shake to combine. Add the remaining 6 cups cold water and stir.
- Let cool, then chill and serve over ice. Makes about 2 litres (4 pints