Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Yield: Approximately four servings
- 4 cups boiling water
- 5 teaspoons (or five teabags of) black tealeaves (preferably Nilgiri or Ceylon)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes (approximately five cups)
- Pour boiling water over the tealeaves.
- Steep for five to six minutes, and then remove the tealeaves from the tea.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, then stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-resistant pitcher of ice.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Top each glass with a sprig of mint and serve.
Alternately, you can add ice at immediately before serving. This method works well for picnics, barbecues and parties.