Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 32 finger sandwiches
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped horseradish root
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, chives or parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or mayo alternative
- 8 slices pumpernickel or whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Stir the herbs and mayo together in a small bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of butter onto four of the slices of bread.
- Add a thin layer of the mayo mixture on top of the butter.
- Top with a layer of smoked salmon.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top of the salmon.
- Slice off the bread crusts and slice each sandwich twice, diagonally, to make four small finger sandwiches from each two slices of bread.