We share tea and talk tea at assisted living homes, private homes and community centers. We play Teago Bingo with prizes for winners. We are also doing mystery tea events.
Spend time being refreshed by God's Word with a cup of tea. Relax in a comfy chair that gets some afternoon sun. Reflect on the goodness of life.
Real joy comes not from ease or riches or
from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile. Wilfred T. Grenfell
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. Ps 100:4
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Blessings to you and your family. Have a TEA- rrrific day.
Email me for a free sample of tea!
Traveling TEA With Jesus
Monday, February 20, 2012
Green tea for beginners
Best to prepare Jasmine green tea with water below boiling and infused for a few minutes.
2. Moroccan Mint Green Tea
3. Genmaicha Green Tea is blend of Japanese green tea and puffed brown rice. Flavor is sweet, roasty.
4. Dragonwell Green Tea - most popular Chinese green tea. Flavor usually mild and sweet with chestnut note.
Prepare with water below boiling and steep 2-3
5. Houjicha Green Tea- roasted Japanese green tea. Lower in caffeine than most green teas. Woodsy flavor that coffee drinkers like and brewed at wider range of temps.
6. Kukicha Green Tea - steamed green tea made from twigs of tea plant. Low in caffeine. Vegetal, sweet flavor and can handle inexact brewing.
7. Sencha Green Tea - Japan's most popular. Flavor vegetal, seaweedy or grassy. Best below boiling water and steeped around 45 seconds.
Alternative is Bancha green tea and slightly rougher, earthier flavor. It is less expensive.
Good with meals.
8. Gyokuro Green Tea - Japanese tea with distinct umami flavor. Short infusion times and water below boiling.
9. Matcha Green Tea - Like Gyokuro shade- grown, but powdered. Whisked with warm water. Can be used in smoothies and other powdered tea recipes. Bittersweet flavor.
10. Bi Luo Chun Green Tea - One of China' most famous green teas. If brewed at low temperature it can be sweet, smooth, vegetal flavor that appeals to many tea drinkers.